Sugar Detox Case Study
Hopefully some of you kept up with my 30 day sugar detox client over social media. She did incredibly well and while she didn’t monitor weight loss, she reported that her friends noticed her looking trimmer, she felt different and noted lots of positive changes with her general health. Quitting sugar isn’t easy and it requires motivation and consistency to see dramatic results, but i promise once you’ve quit sugar you will very quickly start to notice the difference and in many cases start a journey to changes the habits of a lifetime.
If you’d like to try my challenge then find the sugar detox here and sign up to my newsletter to be the first to know about tips, courses and community discounts! I’ve linked to my sugar detox course and 5 day challenge within this blog and I’d love to hear from you if you try either.
1) Although you don’t have scales do you feel different, more positive about your body image?
I feel as if my body is less stodgy and has a ‘cleanness’. This makes me feel better about my body
2) have you enjoyed the recipes? What was your favourite?
I have really enjoyed the recipes. I especially like the green smoothie – you can tell it’s doing you good! The chocolate macca smoothie also feels indulgent.
3) What sugar free changes do you think you will take forward?
Finding other things to snack on, rather than cake.
4) Have you noticed any changes mentally e.g. Clearer head? Better sleep, more consistent moods?
I’ve had better sleep as I haven’t woken due to feeling too hot due to a sugar hot flush. My PMT has also reduced hugely.
5) Could you list your top 3 positives about the experience?
Breaking an addiction and reliance on sugar.
Challenging me to think about other food choices.
No red itch face from eating too much sugar
6) What made it hard for you?
Meeting up with friend and the lack of soft drink option – without sugar! I tried an alcohol-free gin (by seedslip) which was lovely but expensive.
Lack of cake!
7) Would you say you stuck to it religiously or do you think you could have been more sugar free throughout the month?
I definitely could have been more sugar free!
8) would you recommend this to the family nutrition expert community and out of 10 how would you rate the course?
Yes, I would recommend, it’s so easy to eat sugar without really noticing
9) What sugar item will you not be giving up?
10) What one lifestyle change you know you will be taking forward?
Sugar free snacks and both the smoothie recipes!
If a whole month isn’t for you, then why not try my 5 day challenge HERE!