- Saturday 17th June 10am to Midday OR
- Thursday 22nd June 7pm to 9pm
At The Orange Grove Clinic, Norwich, NR2 1DR.
£40 per person.
To reserve your place, click here.
Why do you need to learn about being a healthy veggie or vegan?
Research shows that being vegan or vegetarian can have many benefits for your health, but this is dependant on eating the right foods and replacing any nutrients no longer in your diet. It’s important if you or a family member avoid meat, fish or dairy, that you learn how to be a healthy vegetarian or vegan and get the right kind of advice to protect your health. I see many unhealthy vegetarians or vegans in my clinic, simpy because they have not thought or carefully planned their diet, to ensure they are not missing out on vital nutrients – particularly protein, vitamin B12, iron – deficiencies of which can cause many serious health problems. Whatever diet you choose in life, it’s vital to get a healthy balance of nutrients.
This workshop is designed to show you how to be a healthy vegetarian or vegan, with practical advice, meal ideas, recipes and cooking tips. We’ll discuss:
- How to get enough protein
- What are essential fats and why you could be at risk of deficiency, even if you take flax seed oil or eat plenty of nuts and seeds
- How to food combine to maximise your protein intake
- Which nutrients you are at risk of becoming deficient in and where to get them
- Are there any essential supplements you should take?
If you would like to book your place on this workshop, please call my clinic, The Orange Grove on 01603 631900. Or you can purchase online here.